Japan offers a diverse range of sports experiences, events, and activities that, combined with sightseeing in destinations around Japan, form sports tourism. To gauge foreign tourists’ interest in Japan’s sports tourism, participants are now being sought for the Sumo Tournament and Shitamachi Sightseeing Tour.
Sumo Tournament and Shitamachi Sightseeing Tour
Date: 2012/1/14 (Saturday)
Price: JPY 8,000
- 9:00 a.m.: Assemble at Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal in Tokyo.
- Visit the Tsukiji Outer Market.
- Walk through Asakusa. Visit Sensoji Temple and the Nakamise shopping arcade.
- Have sushi for lunch at a local restaurant.
- Visit the Edo-Tokyo Museum.
- Watch the day’s sumo matches at the January Tournament. (Seats: Second Floor, B Category)
- 7:00 p.m. (approx.): Tour disbands back at Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal.
- Must be a foreign national visiting or living in Japan.
- Participants must answer a questionnaire at the conclusion of the tour.
- Must be able to respond to a questionnaire in English or Japanese.
- Maximum Number of Participants: 40
- Meals: Lunch is included.
Enquiries and Applications: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Until maximum number of participants is reached.